European Counsellor Training Organisation
The European Association for Counselling welcomes the opportunity of working with any Counselling/Psychotherapy Training Organisation throughout Europe. The ultimate aim of this partnership is to help promote the profession of counselling by training student counsellors to a level recognised by the European Association for Counselling at their Ordinary Member Level.
The European Association for Counselling invites Counsellor Training Organisationsto take part in this quality control programme as an EAC Accredited Training Organisation.
Your training organisation is then entitled to the following:
- to call itself a European Association for Counselling Accredited Training Organisation and to use this relationship in all public/business dealings;
- to conclude your students training and experience with the guarantee that they are entitled to qualify as an Ordinary Member of the European Association for Counselling
- to present your institute`s programme and activities on the EAC website;
- To us the EAC logo on their course promotion literature and website
In this way your diploma in counselling will help to develop Counselling as a Profession recognised throughout Europe and a European quality standard will be created which is not only advantageous for your training organisation with regard to European competition but also supports the development of counselling internationally.
The First Step for a Training Organisation
Initially, a Counselling Training Organisation would be registered to become a General Member of the EAC. To do so, the following professional standards have been set out in the EAC Operating Regulations (2012).
General Members must abide by the EAC Code of Ethics for Good Practice in Counselling and must be concerned with the continuing professional development of counselling as defined in the Statutes and Operating Regulations of the EAC.
The Training Organisation must complete the brief questionnaire below. This application will be passed to the EAC Professional Training Standards and Accreditation Committee (PTSAC) for their scrutiny and they will contact the applicant.
- A General Member Training pack will be issued. This details the paperwork that must be submitted by the Training Organisations in order to be considered by the EAC PTSAC. With this paperwork an administration fee of 395 Euros must be submitted.
Accredited Organisations are able to offer their students and members, who study an EAC accredited course accredited by the EAC, the opportunity to further their training to qualify for the European Certificate of Counsellor Accreditation (ECCac). This qualification recognises the highest level of counselling and training expertise in the counselling profession.
Information to be submitted will include:-
- evidence of ensuring that all organisation members meet and comply with EAC standards
- a planned exercise to encourage students to enrol as Student Members of the EAC.
- EAC Ordinary Membership should be promoted to all graduation students
The above criteria is a minimum standard and it should be the aim of all counselling and training centre members to develop courses beyond minimum standards with a view that their students will aspire to reach the standard of the European Certificate of Counsellor Accreditation (ECCac)
Is it the Training Organisation or the Course that is accredited?
It is the specific course which qualifies as Accredited rather than the Training Organisation, where an organisation runs more than one course each course where accreditation is sought must submit an application for consideration.
During the first period of general membership he organisation will receive a welcome pack which details the criteria required to submit a course for accreditation. This will be issued by the Professional Training Standards and Accreditation Committee. Courses will provide a balance of theory, experience, supervision, counselling skills and commitment of professional development (CPD) by the student. Upon satisfying the criteria set out, the submitted course(s) may carry the EAC Logo stating European Association for Counselling Accredited Training Course.
HOW TO SEND FEES
When an application is accepted the current Annual Membership Fee of 400 Euros is due immediately on invoice.
If an organisation wishes to pay by Bank Transfer please contact for full details.
1)To pay application administration fee through PayPal using your credit/debit card please select Initial Administration Fee from the drop down menu below BEFORE pressing General Member Button:-
2) To pay membership fee as a member of an EAC Association through PayPal using your credit/debit card please select Applying Through EAC Organisation from the drop down menu below BEFORE pressing General Member Button:-
3)To pay membership fee without being a member of an EAC Organisation through PayPal using your credit/debit card please select Applying Direct to EAC from the drop down menu below BEFORE pressing General Member Button:-
Charges Apply when paying through PayPal which is similar to Bank Charges when paying through your Bank Account.Euro value may alter based on daily exchange rate