Strøm | BesteMikrolån | Takst på Bil | Pikavippivertailu | Husforsikring | Husalarm | Kredittkort Rabatt | Advokater



EAC register

To use the register of European Accredited Counsellors

From the drop down menu below select the country where you want to find a Counsellor and then please click the ‘select country’ button

IMPORTANT NOTICE to companies and individuals wishing to approach the entrants of this register.

The lists are provided only for the purposes of finding an Accredited Counsellor; these details should not be used for marketing purposes. Please make sure that this is honoured at all times. The EAC logs all IP addresses that use this site and any person/company found to be ignoring this request will have their IP address reported to their Internet Service Provider so they may take action against the offender.

Not all European Association for Counselling members are listed. Only Counsellors who hold the European Certificate of Counsellor Accreditation and who have chosen to have their business details listed in the register are shown. If you wish to find the services of a counsellor in your area and you cannot find an entry please contact the representative for your country by clicking HERE, or who may be able to help you directly.

All counsellors listed abide by the ethical framework and complaint procedure of the country in which they are accredited and that of the organisation which sponsored them for the award of the European Certificate of Counsellor Accreditation

Disclaimer: All content within the EAC Register of Accredited Members is provided for informational purposes only and should not be treated as a substitute for the advice of a medical practitioner, counsellor, psychotherapist, psychologist or psychoanalyst or any other medical profession who you should consult if you are concerned about your own or another’s state of mental health. EAC is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content within the EAC website; Register of Accredited Counsellors or for any service provided by an accredited counsellor.

ECC(ac) Register of Accredited Counsellors ,
23 Cranwell Court
Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2UX
Tel: 00 44 (0)7442 498 477

register of accredited counsellors

4 thoughts on “Register

    1. webmaster Post author

      Dear Omer We do not list Turkey as we have no representative Counselling Association in Turkey. If you know of any we could contact please let have their details.


  1. Jennifer Carter


    I was born in Germany and have both German and American citizenship. To my understanding, my German citizenship would allow me to live anywhere in the EU. After completing my Masters degree, which is CACREP accredited, what can I do if I wish to move back to Europe?? Would my degree be recognized?

    Thank you in advance for your help,


    1. webmaster Post author

      Dear Jennifer
      We can only advise you of the latest information given by the European Commission following our request for guidance as Counselling is not a regulated profession as far as the European Commission is concerned here is the answer they sent:

      If the profession is unregulated in the EU country of destination, a counsellor should be able to take up his profession without further formality and he does not need to apply for recognition of his qualifications. He can begin practising in the host Member State, subject to the same conditions as its nationals. This includes compliance with national rules on registration of a business and health and safety for instance. The counsellor should not need to submit a certificate of recognition issued by an official authority so that the value to be attributed to his qualifications should depend solely on the situation of the employment market and on the way this market behaves, not on legal rules.

      If the profession is regulated in the EU country of destination, under the EU rules, a counsellor should be able to gain recognition of his qualification by providing evidence of recent continuous full-time job experience of at least three years by providing a certificate of competence under Article 11(a). He should get such a certificate from the relevant counsellor`s organisation in the country where they originally practised. Once the certificate of competence is received, the counsellor can then apply for recognition of his professional qualification by submitting an application to the relevant regulatory body in the country of destination.

      The relevant regulatory body then assesses whether the experience is comparable to the professional requirements in the country concerned. If there is a difference in training of at least one year, the relevant regulatory body may impose an aptitude test (an examination) or an adaptation period of no more than three years during which time the counsellor works under the supervision of a qualified counsellor working in the country concerned (Article 14).

      If the counsellor does not hold a formal qualification, there is a requirement of providing a certificate of competence testifying to having pursued the profession for 3 years in the counsellor`s country of origin. Article 3(b) of the Directive specifies that “Professional qualifications” mean qualifications attested by evidence of formal qualifications, an attestation of competence referred to in Article 11, point (a), subparagraph (i) and/or professional experience. Therefore the fact that a person does not hold an academic or other formal qualification does not preclude them from being able to apply for recognition on the sole basis of professional experience.

      An application must be acknowledged within one month of its submission and must be decided upon within three months, although this may be extended by a further month. Any refusal to recognise professional qualification must be open to appeal (Article 51).

      The above rules apply for the permanent establishment of a counsellor in another EU member state which regulates the profession.

      Where the counsellor provides services on a temporary basis in an EU country which regulates the profession, they must have previously practised their profession for at least two years in the last ten years in their country of origin (Article 5 applies). The counsellor may be required to notify in advance the relevant regulatory body in the country of destination which includes the details of any insurance cover or other means of personal or collective protection with regard to professional liability

      Hope this helps


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *